A few weeks back, BSF issued job advertisement for Constable (Tradesman) for which now the written exam will be conducted to shortlist the candidates. BSF Written Test Syllabus 2016 has been described here for CT Tradesman posts. The latest BSF recruitment includes 561 vacancies of Cobbler, Tailor, Carpenter, Painter, Draughtsman, Cook, Water Carrier, Washerman, Barber, Sweeper, Waiter, Mali, and Khoji trade etc.
BSF Constable Tradesman Syllabus 2016 includes the subjects like Maths, Reasoning, Hindi, English, and General Knowledge. However, the BSF written test don’t carry any negative marking so you may chill and even darken those circles you’ve no idea about the answer of whom.
BSF Constable (Tradesman) Exam Pattern 2016:
- The test will be conducted for only those who clears the physical test first.
- The test will be purely objective type in nature.
- Candidates need to answer the multiple choice questions by darkening the circles on an OMR answer sheet.
- The BSF Constable written exam will be taken for 100 Marks.
- The duration fo this test is 120 Minutes (2 Hours).
- The question sets will be available in both English and Hindi languages. Candidate can select to answer the questions either in Hindi or in English as per his/her preference.
BSF Paramedical Staff Exam Pattern 2016:
- One single question paper having 100 Marks will be conducted for these posts: SI (Staff Nurse), ASI (Pharmacist), ASI (OT Technician), ASI (Physiotherapist), HC (Electrician), CT (Dresser).
- The paper for CT/Peon & CT/Masalchi will be taking place for just 50 Marks.
- Only the objective type questions will be available in the paper.
- Each question has one mark.
- OMR sheets shall be given to the examinees to fill up the circles.
- Duration of the paper for 100 Marks is 2 Hours while One hour for 50 Marks paper.
BSF Cutoff For Written Examination: There are some minimum required marks that candidates need to secure in the written test. This is not the finalized cutoff but the minimum pass marks required to remain eligible. As per the category, the examinee needs to attain at least the following marks in written paper:
|Category||CT TM Cutoff||Paramedical Staff Cutoff|
|General and Ex-Servicemen||35%||45%|
Descriptive Syllabus for BSF Exam 2016-17
For most of the posts including constable (Tradesman) the BSF written test will be conducted as per the following official and the latest syllabus:
General Awareness/Knowledge:- History, Geography and Socio-Economic development of Himachal Pradesh. Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The question set will also be having questions on Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Geography of India.
Knowledge of elementary Mathematics:- The portion of Arithmetical and Numerical abilities shall consist the Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs, etc.
Reasoning Ability:- This portion includes both verbal and non-verbal type reasoning. The Question to be curated from analogies, similarities and differences, problem-solving, relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions, Venn diagrams, relationship concepts and Ability to observe and distinguish patterns etc.
General Hindi/English:- This one is used to determine the candidate’s hold on the particular language. Generally, the students opt for Hindi as they have a phobia about the English language. It includes the basic comprehension and writing ability. The Questions shall be coming from the error recognition, fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, etc.
For further details about BSF Written Exam Syllabus, latest Paper Pattern, Exam Scheme 2016, you may visit the official website.
BSF Online Portal: http://bsf.nic.in