Recently Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) issued recruitment for constable, head constable, ASI (Steno) vacancies under which physical test is a major element of the selection process. CRPF will be conducting PST for eligible candidates in the year 2016.
There is no race or high jump or any other physical event in this test, the candidate just need to be having the required physical standards up like chest, height to the mark.
Required Physical Standards:
|Candidate||Height||Chest (Male only)|
|General cat. candidate||Male – 170 Cms|
Female- 157 Cms
|Un-expended 80 Cms|
|Candidates falling in the categories of|
Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras,
Marathas and candidates belonging
to the states of Assam, Himachal
Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
|Male – 165 Cms|
Female- 155 Cms
|Un-expended 78 Cms|
|Candidates hailing from the North|
Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh,
Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram,
Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and
Candidates hailing from Gorkha
Territorial Administration (GTA)
comprising of the three Sub-Divisions
of Darjeeling District namely
Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong
and includes the following “Mouzas”
Sub-Division of these districts :
(1) Lohagarh Tea Garden (2)
Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4)
Barachenga (5) Panighata (6) Chota
Adalpur (7) Paharu (8) Sukna Forest
(9) Sukna Part-I (10) Pantapati
Forest-I (11) Mahanadi Forest (12)
Champasari Forest (13) Salbari Chhat
Part-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke
Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17)
Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania
|Male – 162.5 Cms|
Female- 152.5 Cms
|Un-expended 77 Cms|
|All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||Male- 162.5 Cms|
Female- 150 Cms
|Un-expended 76 cms|
|All candidates belonging to|
Scheduled Tribes hailing from the
North Eastern States of Arunachal
Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,
Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura
and Left Wing Extremism affected
|Male- 160 Cms|
Female- 147.5 Cms
|Un-expended 76 cms|
Note:- Minimum chest expansion for all categories is 5 CMS. Those Candidates who want to avail relaxation in Height or Chest Measurement as listed above can submit their Certificates in Annexure-D.
Important Instructions regarding CRPF Medical Test & Physical Test 2017
- The candidate who doesn’t attend to refuse to participate in the medical test will be rejected for the recruitment.
- Urine test to check the pregnancy will be obviously conducted for female candidates.
- At some stages of medical checkup process, male candidates may be tested in nude.
- Chest measurement is not required for female candidates but it is expected to have well-developed breasts as notified in the official advertisement.
- The aspirant must not have varicose vein or squint in eyes, flat foot or knock knee.
What is Knock-Knee or Flat Foot, Squint in Eyes and Varicose Vein?
- Knock-knee or flat foot is also known as Genu valgum. Check This Link for More Details on it.
- Varicose Vein (मकड़ी नस) means A vein that has enlarged and twisted which is clearly visible on your skin (See Examples).
- Squint in eyes means eyes are not straight which is also called भेंगापन. (See Examples).
Details about Tattoo on the candidate’s body
- Location of tattoo must be left arm only as it’s non-saluting hand. The Tattoo should be allowed only if it is on the inner aspect of the forearm (kohni). It is not allowed on the dorsum of hands.
- The Size of tattoo must be less than ¼ of the particular part such as Elbow or Hand.
- If there is any scar mark due to tattoo removal then the candidate will be allowed to participate in the test as long as it doesn’t hurt the physical performance of the candidate.
- Instructions on tattoo marks are applicable at the time of recruitment only.
That all we have to cover regarding CRPF Physical test & Medical test 2017-18. If you don’t understand any of the above-listed points then comment below so that we can make you understand it in your own language. CRPF Physical Test Dates / Schedule is not yet out. We will update the post once the time table is available for the CRPF constable PST.
CRPF Selection Scheme 2017 – ASI, Head Constable, Constable Posts
(1) First Phase
(a) Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Scrutiny of the original Documents.
(2) Second Phase
(a) Written test.
(b) Skill Test (i.e. Typing Speed Test or Steno test).
(c) Medical checkup.
CRPF Written Exam Details:
This objective type test to be conducted for 225 Marks. It will be having the objective type questions only. There is no mention of negative marking in the official notice, kindly confirm it from the official resources.
The written examination to be conducted for 2:30 Hour (150 Minutes) as per the following pattern:
|Section A Hindi/English Language||50|
|Section B General Intelligence||50|
|Section C Numerical Aptitude||50|
|Section D Clerical Aptitude||50|
|Essay, Letter writing||25|
- There is no sectional cut off for this examination.
- Candidate can answer Part-II in Hindi or English language as per his/her preference. The paper shall be available in both of the languages.
The aggregate qualifying marks in Part-I of the written test are categorized as per following:
- General category candidates: 40% (80 Marks out of 200)
- SC/ST/OBC candidates: 35% (70 Marks out of 200)
CRPF Skill Test for Head Constables: English Typing is required with the minimum speed of 35 words per minute on the computer. OR Hindi Typing with the minimum speed of 30 words per minute on computer.
35 words per minute in English and 30 words per minute in Hindi corresponding to 10500 key depressions per hour in English 9000 key depressions per hour in Hindi with average of 5 key depression for each word on computer.
CRPF Skill Test for ASI (Steno) Vacancies: The Skill Test shall take place on the computer in which candidate need to qualify with the following standards:
- Dictation of 10 Minutes at 80 words per minute is required.
- Transcription Time: 50 Minutes in English or 65 Minutes in Hindi.