MOMA Scholarship abbreviated as Ministry of Minority Affairs for the students who belonged to minority communities, but they must study only in India. This scholarship is provided to the minority community, students in order to pursue their higher studies. Central government separated funds for this scholarship depends on the minority community population in the state/UT.
There are three types of scholarship is available under MOMA are Pre Matric, Post Matric and Merit Cum Means scholarship.
- Pre Matric Scholarship involved for the students who studying class 1 to 10.
- Post Matric Scholarship is applicable for the candidates who are in class 11 to Ph.D.
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship is applicable for the candidates after 12th standard for professional as well as for technical courses. It has been launched mainly to support meritorious students. Minority community involves Muslims, Jains, Buddhists, Christians, Sikhs and Parsis.
MOMA Scholarship Details @ momascholarship.gov.in
|Availability||20,000 Students every year|
- Number of Scholarships in each state.
- State wise list of Institutions eligible for full reimbursement.
- MOMA Scholarship Application form.
- Website MOMA Scholarship.
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship FAQs.
Eligibility criteria for MOMA scholarship 2017-18
- The students should be from the group of the minority community
- The students must be pursuing their studies in India
- The student must be registered with any professional or technical course.
- The income of parents or guardian or student should not be more than 2.5 Lakhs.
- The students should have scored minimum percentage of 50 in his or her 12th class examination.
- The scholarship will be given only for the students who got admission in any institution or college via the competitive exam or by merit.
Not eligible candidates for this scheme:
- Students under the scholarships are not permitted to get any other scholarship.
- More than two people in same family cannot able to avail this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn in the case where the students can change his or her course to which the scholarship had been awarded for.
- The scholarship won’t be provided for the students are under houseman or internship for the M.B.B.S course or any technical course.
- The scholarship will be cancelled if any student discontinues their studies.
Conditions involved in MOMA Scholarship:
- Financial assistance would be provided to purse degree or postgraduate courses from the recognized institution. The student will get maintenance allowance that has been credited in their account. The fees for a course can be paid directly by the State government to the respective concerned.
- Continuation of scholarship in the subsequent years can be based in the successful completion of course at the time of the preceding year.
- The state department use to advertise this scheme every year by 31st March and they have to receive applications via the concerned institutions.
- After verifying the application, the department will prepare the consolidated budget for every eligible student. They can send the application in prescribed pro-forma for the fund release from the MOMO for the distribution of scholarship with the details of students.
- The state department can maintain separate account and records related to the funds which are received from the Ministry.
- The fund will be distributed for the students after receiving all necessary certificates for the previous year. Ministry officers will do annual inspection or some other agency appointed by the Ministry.
- 30 percent scholarship can be reserved for the girls of all minority communities in the state that is transferable to the male candidate if in case there is no female child in the community.
- If the scholarship distribution for the particular minority community is not fulfilled, then it will move for the other sate, with the same minority community, but depends on merit.
- Any student who residing in the particular state or UT can be entitled for the scholarship under quota in the state or UT.
- The scholarship number has been fixed in state wise based on minority populations of states. Within state wise allocations, an application from the recognized or reputed institution can be exhausted first. Such list will be made with the help Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- This scholarship scheme can be evaluated at regular intervals and also the cost evaluation by a Ministry of Minority Affairs underneath provision of scheme. The additional provision such as 3 percentages from the total budget can be made in order to meet the allied and administrative costs. They are monitoring the scheme, evaluation study, impact study, engaging contract employees, purchasing office equipments. It will be shared in between the Ministry of Minority Affairs, State Governments and Government of India.
Documents required for MOMA Scholarship
- One Xerox copy of the scholarship application form, which must be signed by the students or candidates.
- Passport size photo with student’s signature.
- Providing certificates must have a self attestation in it.
- Income certificates of a guardian or parent, whether they are working under some employee or self employed.
- The student community self declaration is required
- A course fee receipt is needed
- The documents required to be sent for the state department to which candidate belongs.
- If the state departments given recommendation for any student scholarship, then the permanent ID can be issued for them.
- The student will come to know regarding the status by SMS or e-mail
- Permanent Id will be needed during the MOMA scholarship renewal.
Reward of MOMA Scholarship:
- Under this scheme, most of the students will be financially supported.
- The course fees can be paid for the minority student who studying in NITs and IIT situated in the different states in a country.
- Maintenance allowance has been paid directly for the students.
- College fees for the students are directly paid to the institution.
Amount Paid under MOMA Scholarship
|Maintenance allowance||Rs. 10000/year||Rs.5000/year|
|Course fee||Rs. 20,000/year||Rs.20,000/year|