Odisha Public Service Commission has released the exam date and the call letter for Assistant Conservator and Forest Ranger test 2016. OPSC has scheduled this written examination [Advt. No. 14, 20, 21 of 2015-2016] to be held from 21.09.2016 to 01.10.2016.
This written test will be taking place at the district level venues. Total 177 posts of Forest Ranger, Group-B of Orissa Forest service under forest & Environment Department are to be filled up on the basis of this Odisha PSC examination.
List of eligible candidates has also been placed district wise / zone wise at www.opsc.gov.in. A list of the rejected and accepted candidates shall also be displayed at the same website.
The Exam is going to be commenced from September 21 to October 1, 2016. The test will be conducted daily in morning and evening shifts. The timing for Forenoon shift is 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM while 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM for the afternoon shift.
Following are the most important instructions that need to be followed by Forest Ranger & Assistant Conservator exam aspirants:
- Make use of Black / Blue ink pen only to mark your answers.
- Most recent passport sized picture must be affixed on your admission ticket that you need to bring at test venue.
- Candidate must bring one government ID such as driving license, Aadhar card or voter card with one photocopy of the same.
- Each aspirant is requested to enter the hall before at least 20 minutes prior to exam timing. Candidates won’t be admitted to test hall after 10 minutes of exam started.
- On attendance sheet, the candidate must provide Left Thumb Impression (LTI) through the ink pad.
- You can take copy / second page of answer key after exam completion for future reference.
- Further instructions shall be mentioned in the official notice to be issued one week prior to the date of exam.
The Detailed Schedule of Assistant Conservator, Forest Ranger Exam is as per following:
|Date||Forenoon Session||Afternoon Session|
|21-09-2016||General English||General Knowledge|
|22-09-2016||Agriculture Paper-I||Physics Paper-I|
|23-09-2016||Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry P-1||Chemistry Paper-I|
|24-09-2016||Geology Paper-I||Botany Paper-I|
|25-09-2016||Agricultural, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering P-1||Forestery Paper-I|
|26-09-2016||Maths, Statistics (Paper-I)||Zoology Paper-I|
|27-09-2016||Agriculture Paper-II||Physics Paper-II|
|28-09-2016||Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry P-2||Chemistry Paper-II|
|29-09-2016||Geology Paper-II||Botany Paper-II|
|30-09-2016||Agricultural, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering P-II||Forestery Paper-2|
|1-10-2016||Maths, Statistics (Paper-2)||Zoology Paper 2|
As listed in the official OPSC notification, the admit card for Assistant Conservator of Forest (Group A) and Forest Rangers have been issued just 2 days before the date of examination.
- OPSC Forest Ranger Exam Admit Card 2016 – Download Here.
- Official Exam Schedule Notice.
- Complete Details at http://opsc.gov.in
– Fill up your Registration Number and Date of birth in required format to grab the call letters for written examination.
– If you’re unable to download the Odisha Forest Ranger 2016 Exam Hall Ticket then please try to search your name and roll number in rejected candidates list. Every year, thousands of the applicants are rejected due to non-payment of the fee.
OPSC Forest Ranger Exam Syllabus Assistant Conservator Pattern
There are the three stages included in the selection process which are Written Exam, Physical Test, and the final interview. The details of these events have been unfolded below:
Written Test: The Three Hours long exams to be conducted for 1400 Marks.
PET / PST: First, candidate’s height or weight is measured in Physical Standard Test. Physical Endurance Test includes the racing event which differs for male and female candidates. The Male candidates need to complete the walking of 25 K.M.S in 4 Hours. The distance of walking is 16 K.M.S in the time of 4 Hours for female ones.
Final Interview: This section holds 200 Marks. The questions mostly related to the job profile shall be asked in the viva-voce test.