Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited had advertised the recruitment for the Junior Assistant, S.S.O, Lineman and various other vacancies. The selection for these posts will be on the basis of a common online test. The test will be conducted for all 8 type of posts.
The selection will be made on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the written exam. If two candidates obtain the same marks in this test then the person having more marks in subject (trade) related questions will be selected. Even if still there is a tie then the person with higher age shall be recruited.
The written exam will be objective type. The examination will consist 100 multiple type questions for 2 hours. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks per the wrong question. The shortlisted candidates in the written test will be selected for the next process.
PSTCL Recruitment Information
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) :- 100 posts.
- Junior Engineer (IT) :- 06 posts.
- Junior Engineer (Civil):- 40 posts.
- Divisional Accountant:- 06 Posts.
- Sub Station Officer:- 95 posts.
- Telephone Mechanic:- 06 posts.
- Office Assistant:- 27 posts.
- Assistant Manager (IT) :- 02 posts.
- Lineman:- 129 posts.
- Assistant Lineman:- 100 posts.
PSTCL Online Exam Scheme – The Syllabus for the test
The online test will follow the below-mentioned scheme:
- There will be 100 marks for this examination.
- Only the objective type questions will be asked in this exam.
- Each question carries one mark.
- All questions will be available in English except the questions in Telephone Mechanic paper. The questions in Telephone Mechanic exam will be available in both English and Punjabi language.
- The duration of PSTCL test is 2 Hours.
- With the inclusion of the negative marking, 0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong input.
PSTCL Examination – Subject & Marks
|G.K/ General Awareness||15|
The Minimum Qualifying marks in the online test are following:
- General Category: 50% Marks.
- Reserved Category: 40% Marks.
The online exam for PSTCL recruitment is expected to be held at the end of September 2016. As listed in the official notification, the online test will be held at the following cities:
- Nawan Sahar.
- Fatehgarh Sahib.
The candidates can choose the venue of his/her choice but PSTCL holds the right to change the centre according to their plan, need.
Official Website: www.pstcl.org