The Recruitment Department of Punjab Police keeps announcing the new vacancies every year. The main requirement of the selection is Physical Test (PST & PET). Clearing both of these is required to get selected in this state police. Here we have provided the complete information about Punjab Police Constable Physical Test 2016
Note: These details are for 388 Constable (Operator, Hardware, and Software) Posts. The selection criteria, marks, race, jump etc. may be changed for any new recruitment that will be added by us.
The selection process includes the following phases:
- PET (Physical Efficiency Test).
- PST (Physical Standard Test).
- Written Exam.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) Details for Punjab Police 2016
Once the registration period is ended, all of the applications will be verified. The candidates who have filled the application form accurately, will be called for the PET.
Before starting the PET, Punjab Police officials will conduct the drug test / dope test of the aspirants to know if he/she has taken any drug to clear the physical test. So, say no to such type of drugs if you want to get your dream job.
Punjab Police will conduct PET containing 3 events like Race, Long Jump, and the high jump. Qualifying all three events is important else you will be failed in the test. The physical efficiency test for constable posts consist of the following events:
For Male Candidates:
- The race of 800 meters to be completed within 4 Minutes. No Extra chances will be given if you couldn’t pass the run within the first attempt.
- The long jump of 9 Feet is required. There will be 3 chances for this event.
- The High Jump of 3 Feet should be performed by the aspirant. This one also includes three chances.
For Female Candidates:
- The long race of 400 meters to be finished within 2 Minutes. There will be no extra attempts for this event.
- The long jump requirement for woman candidates is 6 Feet. Same as male’s, there will be 3 chances in this event.
- The high jump of 2½ is essential for which you will get maximum three chances.
For Ex-Servicemen: Only the race event is applicable for E.S.M aspirants. The Ex.Servicemen need to finish the 800-meter race in 6 minutes.
Physical Measurement i.e required Height for Punjab Police Bharti
The measurement of the physical standards will be done once the PET is finished. A candidate must have the following height according to his sex:
|Category||Minimum Height Required|
|Male||5’ 5” (5 feet 5 inches)|
|Female||5’ 1” (5 feet 1 inches)|
The candidates who clear the PST (Physical Standard test) shall be eligible to take part in the written test which is most important part for the final selection in Punjab Police. The details about Punjab Police Written Exam are available at the following link: