The CGL 2017 Notification will be out in May 2017. The Staff Selection Commission will commenced the online test in August 2017. It is also expected that National Careers Service (NCS) may conduct Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam this year instead of SSC.
The CGL Notification for the year 2017 may be published region wise this time. Till now, the Staff Selection Commission used to issue a single notification for CGL Exam on ssc.nic.in.
But this year, SSC has planned to issue CGL Exam Notice on Regional SSC Websites. At least, the official notification published on SSC Kolkata Region website means the same.
SSC CGL Important Dates as per new SSC Calendar:
- SSC CGL 2017 Online application dates: 16thMay, 2017 to 16th June, 2017.
- SSC CGL computer based tier-1 exam 2017: 1st August, 2017 to 20th August, 2017.
- SSC CGL computer based tier-2 exam 2017: 10th November, 2017 to 11th November, 2017.
- SSC CGL tier-3 descriptive paper 2017: 21st January, 2018.
- SSC CGL tier-4 2017 (if applicable): Feb, 2018.
A total of 816 vacancies were notified for Art and Crafts Teachers by HSSC through Advertisement No. 06/2016, 22/2016, in 2015. The Examination was conducted on 29 November 2015 which has been cancelled now as per the high court orders.
As per the notice dated 31.03.2017 on ssccer.org, the notification for various posts will be released in the 2nd Week of April 2017. Same is happening on other regional SSC portals. Even India.Com is expecting the same and a further delay of about 2 weeks in SSC CGL Notification 2017.
As per the Tentative Calendar of SSC Exams, the CGL notification was expected to be out on March 11th, 2017. But it couldn’t be true and the commission skipped the date. So, as of now, SSC has delayed the CGL Exam Notice and there may be the following reasons behind it:
- Holidays (Festivals included).
- The decision about exam pattern, syllabus change is yet to be finalized.
- A typical SSC thing (Delaying the notifications with any clarifications).
Now, we are expecting the CGL Notification to arrive in May 2017. So far, the Staff Selection Commission hasn’t said even a single word about the delay or ETA. It is expected that CGLE 2017 notification may delay further. In the same way, CGL TIer 1 exam date will be postponed for sure.
Quick Links to Important Queries:
SSC CGL 2017 Overview:
- Exam Organizer: Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- CGL Full Form: Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE)
- Expected Notification Release date: May 2017, Third week.
- Application Mod: Online Registration and Offline Form as you prefer.
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Selection Process: Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 and Interviews & Skill Test.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date: August 2017.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2017
Required Educational Qualification: The minimum educational criteria for applying the CGL application form is having any graduation degree from a recognized institution.
|Assistant Audit Officer||CA or Management Accountant or Masters in Business Economics or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration specially in (Finance)|
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor Degree in Statistics from the recognized University of the board or UG degree in stats with economics or under graduate degree in statistics with maths or UG degree in commerce|
|Compiler Post||Under graduate from any recognized University with Statistics or economics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject.|
|All Other Posts||Any UG Degree from a recognized University|
Age Criteria: The age of the application must stand between 18 to 27 years as on the date of the notification is released. The relaxation in the age limits for specific categories are given as per the following chart:
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
SSC CGL: Post Wise Age Limits
|Name of the Post||Required Age|
|Assistant Audit OfficerSub Inspector||20-30 years|
|Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post||21-27 years|
|Inspector of Income TaxInspector of Central Excise|
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk (UDC)
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Assistant Audit OfficerSub Inspector for Group “B”|
Assistant Enforcement Officer
|Should not be more than 30 years|
|Statistical Investigator Gr. II||Up to 32 years|
|Sub-Inspector for Group “C”||18-25 years|
SSC CGL Application Form 2017 – Apply Online
The Staff Selection Commission accepts the registration for CGLE mainly through the online mode. The official SSC Online Websites http://ssconline2.gov.in or http://sscregistration.nic.in can be taken in use to apply the online CGL 2017 application form.
Candidates are advised to keep the hardcopy (printout) of the application form. The duly filled form consists the information that may come handy in the future.
SSC CGL Application Fee
The registration fee for CGL Examination can be paid in both offline or online mode. The candidate need to pay ₹100 as the application fee. Female, SC/ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates are totally exempted from paying the application charges.
Offline Payment mode:
- Once the part I registration is completed, take out the print of the payment challan generated online.
- Use the payment challan and pay the fee in any nearby branch of State Bank of India.
Online Payment mode:
- Once the online registration is completed for Part I and Part II. You will be prompted to pay the required fee.
- The applicant can make the online payment for the application fees through SBI net banking or any other credit/debit card.
SSC CGL Selection Process
The selection process for CGL Examination consist 4 Tiers i.e Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. There is no interview in CGL recruitment.
- Tier -I: Computer Based Test having Multiple Choice Questions.
- Tier -II: Computer Based Test having Multiple Choice Questions.
- Tier -III: Descriptive Examination (Pen and Paper Mode).
- Tier -IV: Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test(posts specific)/ Document Verification.