The Staff Selection Commission has revised the CGL Exam Syllabus and Tier I, Tier II, Tier III scheme 2016. The computer based test and descriptive pen and paper based exam pattern is available now in the latest notice from the commission. This year, CGLE will be conducted online as notified earlier.
The CGL Examination will be completed in four tiers as per the following:
- Tier I — Written Test (Computer Based).
- Tier II — Written Exam (Computer Based).
- Tier III — Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode).
- Tier IV — Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern 2016
The Tier-1 test shall be taken online. This part to have four sections in which each question carries two marks. Tier I to be conducted for 200 marks having 100 questions in total.
- Duration of the examination is 75 Minutes.
- Yes, there is negative marking in CGL Tier 1 Exam as per which 0.50 Mark/wrong answer are deducted from the examinee’s total score.
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier II Examination Scheme, Syllabus 2016
This one is also an online test having objective type questions. CGLE Tier II has different questions, marks, & negative marking for each portion as indicated below”
(Finance and Economics)
|to be intimated||200|
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
- The duration will be 2 Hours for each of the papers.
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks for Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I & Paper-III is applicable for Tier II.
- Paper Number 2 is essential for all category posts.
- Paper III should be taken by only those aspirants who had applied for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
- Paper IV shall be attended only by the applicants of Assistant Audit Officer vacancies.
SSC CGL Online Exam – The changes in the Pattern!
The commission has made many changes in the Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016. From this year, the test will be taken online. The step has been taken to be safe from the cheaters who are continuously leaking the SSC exam papers.
Every year, more than a million candidates take part in CGL exam. A new tier has been introduced by the commission for this examination. The online question paper will be available in both Hindi and English. For a few vacancies, the typist test has been made mandatory.
Below are the major changes done by SSC in CGLE 2016 pattern:
- The Tier I and Tier II exam will be taken as computer-based tests.
- The duration will be 75 Minutest for first tier test. Instead of 200 questions, there will be only 100 questions in Tier I paper.
- However, the marks will be same as previous years i.e 200 marks for Tier I.
- Thanks to the negative marking, the blind hitters won’t be making their path to the next tiers as there is the deduction of 0.50 Mark for each wrong answer.
- The pattern for Tier II exam is kept as it is.
- Apart from these two tiers, the Tier III will be a descriptive paper which includes the lengthy questions or the essays in Hindi and English. CGL Tier 3 Exam will be taken in the offline mode.
Note: There is no sectional cut-off in CGL Examination. Final Merit shall be furnished on the basis of Marks attained by the aspirant in Tier 1, Tier II, and Tier III.
Further information about SSC CGL 2016 Syllabus, SSC CGL Exam Pattern, Latest Scheme & Revised CGLE Pattern can be obtained through the official website ssc.nic.in.