SSC CPO Exam will be conducted from 30th June to 7 th July 2017. SSC will conduct Tier I of this exam in online mode where the time limit for examination of Tier -I is 120 minutes for 200 questions. Every year SSC organizes CPO exam to fill the vacant positions for the post of SI/ASI in Delhi Police, CISF.
In this post, we will discuss about how you can prepare for SSC CPO Exam 2017. SSC CPO is one of the most popular exams among graduates in India. Those aspirants who have Physical Strength and good intellect can apply for SSC CPO.
Exam Pattern of SSC CPO 2017
Before you start your preparation, it is essential that you understand the pattern of exam.
Important Points to be kept in mind:
- The Tier – I Exam for CPO will be conducted in online mode.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer attempted by you.
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates should focus on each & every part of this exam.
- The cutoff for the exam is overall, not section wise.
How to prepare for SSC CPO Phase – I Exam 2017
Analyse Exam pattern and syllabus
Analysis of the exam pattern and syllabus is essential for any exam. While appearing for any exam first thing you must do is understand the pattern of exam and its detailed syllabus. In this way, you get the basic idea about the exam and it will give you a right perception of the paper that you are appearing for.
Analyse your preparation level
After you are clear with the exam pattern and syllabus, next step should be to understand where you stand in your preparation. You need to find out what are your strengths? Which topics are you good at? What are the areas that require improvement?
Which topics do you need to practice more? If you need improvement, you should first clear all the basics concepts of those topics because if you have all the basics concepts clear, you will be able to attempt the questions correctly and in time.
Subject wise Strategy for SSC CPO Exam Preparation
General Intelligence & Reasoning
General Intelligence & Reasoning is generally a scoring subject in comparison to other sections, as it requires only proper thinking ability at the end of the aspirant. This section is a test to observe your mental and problem-solving ability.
This particular section is very logical and easy to understand by student of any background but you can’t expect to master this section in limited time without proper practice, so, practice various topics of this section as much as you can.
- Try to attempt first series problems, Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Alphabet & Dictionary, Directions, Classification/Odd Pair and Syllogism.
Before you start preparing for this section (General English), just keep in mind that English is not only important for Tier I, but also for Tier II. Many of aspirants have a phobia of English section as it is the most avoided and least prepared section.
For exam point of view, if you spend time consistently, you can perform well in this section. In this section Vocabulary, Grammar and Reading Ability topics have great importance in SSC exam.
- Don’t skip the Reading comprehension part, the passages asked in the exam are easy and can be scored off quickly.
- Try to attempt first Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Spotting Errors, Idioms/Phrases & One Word Substitution, Synonyms and Antonyms, Spelling Mistakes and so on.
Quantitative Aptitude is considered as one of the most difficult and a tricky section of any Competition Exam but it is also the most scoring section if prepared well. First, go through all the basics and be clear in with every concept. Try to work on your calculation to improve your speed here.
You need to practice all varieties of questions and make sure that you brush up important formulas of different topics. Don’t spend more than one minute on any question and try to attempt this section at the very end. You are also advised to not attempt all questions from these sections, try to attempt questions in which you are confident enough and you have prepared well.
- You should practice all variety of questions.
- Learn more tables. It helps you calculate faster in Exam.
- In order to perform well in this section, you need to apply short tricks to solve questions. It will accelerate your speed and save time.
General studies is an important segment of this exam because you can score more marks in less amount of time here. General Awareness section is very vast and you might find it difficult to cover the entire syllabus, so have a look at the trend followed in this section in previous years and prepare accordingly.
In this section, most of the questions from science and the questions based on biology, chemistry, physics, etc. Some of these questions are very easy and some are a bit tricky and tough to answer.
- Make it a habit to know what is happening in the world around you.
- Practice from previous year papers.
- Current Affairs also an important part of this so updates with a daily current event and economic news.
Analyse Previous year papers to strengthen your CPO Preparation
The good thing about SSC exams is that SSC repeats most of the questions from previous year’s papers. So, before you appear for this exam, it would be better to practice as many previous year papers as possible.
Also, make sure that you attempt online mock tests since the exam will be conducted online and these tests will eventually help you increase your speed, along with smooth and easy movement across sections. Also, attempt quizzes from different topics on a regular basis.
Revision is also Important
Revision in any exam is essential as it helps you go over the topics that you have already prepared once more, eventually giving you a chance to study anything important that you missed out and prepare your topics thoroughly. So, make sure that keep revising your topics at regular intervals. Remember following tips:
- Write down the important things that you need to revise, once you are done.
- Write important short tricks and formulas.
- Write the important events you should remember and try to do revision on weekly basis.
- Revise all the topics already studied by you in the last days, don’t start with new topics at that time.
Accuracy is the Key factor
Accuracy is the ultimate way to success. Always try to attempt those questions in which you are sure of your answers. Apart from the overall number of attempts, you need to take care of your accuracy in different topics to achieve a good score. Try to prevent any negative marking.
Take Advice from Experts
If you come across any doubt or query, try to get it resolved from our gradeup experts at the earliest. This exercise will help you prepare better.
You can download Gradeup, the best SSC exam preparation app here!