The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission to hold Group 1 Recruitment Examination on February 19, 2016. This TNPSC prelim exam to be held in approximately 32 cities within the state. The main exam to be conducted at Chennai only.
The TNPSC Group 1 Services Exam will be conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the following posts:
- Deputy Collector – 29 posts.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (category-I) – 34 posts.
- Assistant Commissioner (C.T.) – 08 posts.
- District Registrar – 01 posts.
- District Employment Officer – 05 posts.
- District Officer (Fire and Rescue Service) – 08 posts.
We are sharing the TNPSC Group 1 Exam Syllabus, Pattern, Questions Scheme, Marks, Selection Process here. Hope it will be helpful to the candidates who are preparing for this state level test. The questions in General Studies section (both prelim & main exam) will be available in English & Tamil languages.
The TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment process includes the following parts:
- Physical Standards Test (For specific vacancies only).
- Prelim Exam (Objective type).
- Main Exam (Descriptive type).
- Interview (Oral test).
Group 1 Prelim Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group I Prelim Exam will be conducted for 300 Marks. It has a total of 200 Questions. There are 150 Questions from General Studies (Degree Level) and 50 questions about Aptitude & Mental Ability (SSLC level).
The Prelim test has the following structure:
|General Studies Single Paper having 200 Questions||3 Hours||300 Marks|
The Category wise minimum qualifying marks for the Prelim test are following:
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs and BCMs: 90 Marks.
- Unreserved Categories: 120 Marks.
Group 1 Main Exam, Interview Pattern, Marks, & Questions
The Main examination is very lengthy one. It includes Three Papers of 9 Hours duration i.e 3 Hours for each paper. The maximum marks for each paper are 300 while the oral test to be held for 130 Marks.
The structure for TNPSC Group I Main Exam, Interview is as per following:
|General Studies (Degree Level, Descriptive)|
|Interview (Oral Test)||120 Marks|
The minimum qualifying marks (cut off) for interview & main exam (combined) is:
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs and BCMs: 306 Marks.
- Unreserved Categories: 408 Marks.
Important Points about TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment Tests
- The Prelim Test is for the screening purpose only. It is vital to qualify this test to attend the main exam but the marks for the prelim won’t be considered for the final selection.
- Total candidates called for the main exam are 50 times of the available posts.
- The request about change in exam time, venue, or date won’t be accepted in any circumstance. However, the commission holds the privilege to make changes in the exam as per the requirements.
- Candidates need to attend all these tests and the interview on their own expenses.
Check the detailed TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus, Exam Scheme from the official notification.