Union Public Service Commission has announced notification for CDS II Examination 2016. Online Registration for this exam is started now and will last till the middle of next month i.e August 12th, 2016. However, the examination date is far away. As per the notification issued by UPSC, CDS 2016 examination (CDS-II) will be taking place later including SSC Women (Non-Technical) Courses too.
Keep in mind that No offline forms are accepted for any of UPSC Exams. If you’re fulfilling the eligibility conditions, you have to apply using online mode only. The list of the examination cities is available in the CDS advertisement. Major details regarding Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2016 notification are shared in this article.
Eligibility Criteria :
i. Age Limit : Age limit varies according to the course / vacancies so please check the official UPSC CDS Exam notification for complete details on age criteria. Special concession in age criteria is for reserved category as per norms listed in UPSC notification.
ii. Educational Criteria : Applicant must be pursuing graduation or have a graduation degree to be eligible to apply the application form for this examination.
- For IMA & OTA: Degree or the equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy:- Degree in engineering is required.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree (with Physics & Math at Class 12th Level).
Participating Academies and Vacancies Distribution :
The Number of posts are tentative and can be changed by UPSC any time without issuing any notice.
- Indian Military Academy: 150 Vacancies.
- Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32 Vacancies.
- India Naval Academy: 45 Vacancies.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): 175 Vacancies.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Women): 11 posts.
Application Fee for CDS Exam : The fee can be paid via net banking in online mode or through any nearby SBI branch in case you prefer the offline mode of payment.
General/OBC candidates : Rs.200 via online payment or offline challan mode.
SC / ST / Female candidates don’t have to pay the application fee for this examination.
Last Date: 12-08-2016
UPSC CDS II Notification 2016 – Download Here
How to Apply UPSC CDS II Exam Application Form using online mode?
- In order to do online registration for Combined Defence Services Examination II 2016, you need to follow this link : http://www.upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
- Once opened the web page, click the registration of your choice i.e Part I or Part II.
- Then read Important Instructions issued by UPSC to fill Online CDS 2016 Application Form.
- Once gone through all the instructions, click “Yes” in the website footer.
- Finally, fill up all required details on next page.
Some important things to take care of while doing the UPSC CDS Online Registration.
You must press “I agree” button only after making sure that all details entered by you, are correct because no editing will be allowed after clicking that particular button. The Registration number will be generated after pressing the button.
Digitally scanned photograph of the candidate must be having the size less than 40KB and more than 3KB with exact dimensions of 110-pixel height by 140-pixel width. Same conditions also applies to the Signature photograph.
Offline fee can be paid through SBI within 24 Hours of challan generated. SC / ST candidates can skip step 5 to 7 as they are exempted from application charges.