The Union Public Service Commission hosts CDS and CDS II Examination each year. The score card of Combined Defence Services Test is used to recruit the officers into the Indian Defence Forces i.e. the Army and the Airforce. This is an objective type test which also includes the negative evaluation of the paper. The complete information about UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus 2016 has been provided by ResultWay.in Team inside this article.
First, the commission holds the written test and later the interviews & personality tests are organized. The subject, marks, time allowed are as per the following:
1. For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hours|
2. For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy: This one doesn’t include the Mathematics else the pattern & syllabus is same as above.
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2016 – Important Points
- The paper to have objective type questions only.
- The paper for G.K and Maths will be printed in both Hindi and English languages.
- The help of the scribe is not an option in CDS Exam. The candidates have to write the exam with their own hands only.
- The calculation device or the books are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- The standard of Math subject syllabus will be of the Matriculation level.
- Only the black pen must be taken into use while darkening the answers on the OMR sheet.
UPSC CDS Negative Marking
For each of the questions that have a wrong answer, 1/3rd (0.33) of the Marks assigned to that specific question will be deducted. Candidate, who darkens more than one circle for any question’s answer, will be treated as wrong. If the answer circles are left blank then no negative marking will be applicable.
There are some physical standards that the candidate must have. You can check the detailed UPSC CDS Exam 2016 Syllabus, required physical standards, from the official notification file.